- Most people to run 100 meters in a 24-hour period
- Longest chain of shoes (They'll be recycled into athletic surfaces!)
Between noon ET October 26 and noon ET October 27, you can bring hundreds of kids and families to your location by holding a RUN FOR THE PLANET event. You'll be inspiring kids and families to do something good for their health and the planet while helping to break Guinness World Records at the same time.
Here's How It Works:
- Pledge to participate at kids.nationalgeographic.com/run-for-the-planet/.
- After you pledge, add your agency to our event list using the link at the top right.
- Plan a RUN FOR THE PLANET 100-meter run to be held between noon ET Oct. 26 and noon ET Oct. 27. (Info available at kids.nationalgeographic.com/run-for-the-planet/.)
- Participants bring a pair (or many pairs) of old athletic shoes to the event.
- Participants do their run.
- Pre-provided run documentation and shoes are sent to NGK. Total run numbers will be tallied; shoes will be tied into a chain, counted, then recycled.
- Guinness World Records reviews all documentation and approves the records!
Everyone wants to set a Guinness World Record! Find out more at kids.nationalgeographic.com/run-for-the-planet/.